Discover or strengthen all the skills an actor needs this summer. For two weeks your performer will learn from professionals the skills they need to become a stronger actor. Campers ages 7-17 will be divided into groups by age and rotate between the skills a performer needs today: Singing, Dancing, Acting and Improvisation. This two week camp focuses on the “triple threat” skills of Singing, Dancing and Acting, but we do it one better by adding Improvisation. Our Triple Threat camp is a ”must have” for all musical theater performers, actors wanting to add more skills to their talents, or anyone wanting to have a ton of fun this summer. Improvisation helps one learn to trust their instinct, enhance their audition skills, and it is just great fun!
Triple Threat concludes with a Cabaret performance on Friday at 2:00 pm on the Uptown Knauer Performing Arts Center stage for family and friends. Should Covid still be an issue we will video record the performance, edit and email it to parents to watch with family and friends.
Friday @ 2:00 pm
*Extra Extended Day Hours
3:00 – 5:00pm Mon-Thu
Camp Policies and Procedures
Registration for Summer Camps opens February 1
Payment in full is due by June 14.
Register for 2 or more camps and receive a 10% discount on each camp after your first (not applicable to Early Bird discounts). The discount code is included in the email confirmation you receive following your registration.
Performers will continue their love of theater with improvisation, imaginative meditation and more theater games. Note: There is NO extended day on the Friday following the Performance.
For cancellations received by June 1: $50 per 1/2 day camp or workshop and $100 per full day camp is non-refundable. Any other payments made for the session will be refunded.
For cancellations received after June 1: No Refund will be given unless we are able to find a performer to take your performer’s place. Camp expenses assume a camper’s original enrollment. If a performer misses an entire week due to illness, a make-up week may be possible, depending upon availability.
A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.
Safety Standards Uptown Entertainment Alliance and WCStudio at Uptown! will implement for In-Person Summer Camps:
- Cleaning crew will sterilize the building twice weekly.
- A Staff member will sanitize surfaces in the building throughout the camp day.
- The best air filters will be used for our 3 yr old HVC system. Our air conditioning will remain on high to offer the most filtered air possible, because of this we recommend all performers bring a sweatshirt, sweater or light jacket for when we are indoors.
- We will adhere to the CDC’s requirements for wearing masks: Staff will wear masks. Performers will wear masks, particularly when we are indoors, however, while outside and maintaining Social Distancing the performers will be allowed to pull their masks down. As we all learn to wear masks and social distance, we will help young people understand how to cope with the situation from a positive perspective.
- Camps will be outside whenever possible, in shaded areas. We encourage campers to bring sun blocks or sunscreens.
- Campers will be highly encouraged to social distance, using Air Hugs and we will play theater games in which space is necessary.
- Hand washing will take place 3 times a day at a minimum (after each snack and lunch) in addition; hand sanitizers will be available in each classroom.
- Upon arrival all campers will have their temperature taken. Any camper with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed to stay for the camp day. Temperatures will be taken again at lunch time.
- WCStudio at Uptown! will offer two in-person camps per week. Each camp will have a maximum of 18 performers, a teacher and assistant teacher in a designated rehearsal room.
- Each camp will have its own drop off, pick up and lunch time.
- Uptown will add fencing around our grassy areas at the theater to prevent outside people from getting close to our campers.
- The final performance will be recorded for families to watch at home.
- Parents will receive an email with all necessary information concerning the camp day. We regret we will not be able to offer our usual building tour for parents.